Here are some popular comedy shows and venues to check out in NYC:
- The Comedy Cellar: Located in Greenwich Village, The Comedy Cellar is a legendary comedy club that has hosted many famous comedians over the years. They have shows seven nights a week, and often have surprise drop-in performances from big-name comedians.
- Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre: UCB is a comedy theatre with locations in both Manhattan and Brooklyn. They offer improv and sketch comedy shows, as well as classes and workshops for aspiring comedians.
- The Stand Comedy Club: This comedy club is located in Gramercy, and has shows every night of the week. They feature both established and up-and-coming comedians, as well as a full bar and restaurant.
- Caroline’s on Broadway: Caroline’s is a popular comedy club located in Times Square and has been hosting shows since 1982. They have a lineup of both local and national comedians and offer food and drink options.
- Comedy Cellar at the Village Underground: This sister location to the Comedy Cellar is located in the basement of a jazz club in Greenwich Village. They offer shows every night of the week and often have special events and performances.
- Gotham Comedy Club: Gotham is a comedy club in Chelsea, and has been hosting shows since 1996. They feature both established and up-and-coming comedians and have a full bar and food menu.
Overall, there are plenty of options for comedy shows in NYC, with venues and performances to suit a variety of tastes and styles of comedy.